Database Virtualization on VMware
Ntirety has acheived the coveted VMware Solution Competency in the Virtualization of Business Critical Applications in Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange and Oracle Databases.
Only a handful of companies in world have been able to demonstrate to VMware they are able to successfully virtualize the most demanding tier-one Business Critical Applications.
Ntirety is a recognized leader in Database Services and Database Virtualization. We have helped hundreds of companies deal with the most demanding databases across a number of Industries. Clients include one of the Largest Universities in the world, one of the Largest Food Processing Companies, one of the Largest Management consulting firms to Large Sports Franchises. No matter what industries you are in odds are at Ntirety we have experience helping your industry deal with the most demanding databases be it physical or Virtual.
Ntirety has the experience and expertise to make the virtualization of your business critical applications and systems sucessful.
Database Virtualization & Database Consolidation
Ntirety views Database Virtualization as an important part of a Database Consolidation strategy. Yet, many organizations are not pursuing this approach aggressively, in some cases because they have been convinced by database and/or application vendors that performance is contingent on dedicated physical hardware and databases. In our experience, with the correct configuration, a virtualized database and application will run at or near native speeds.
For example, Ntirety partner VMWare has documented examples of utilizing vSphere virtualization software to consolidate a SQL infrastructure by 4X to 20X while cutting hardware and software costs by more than 50% , all the while avoiding the painful compromises associated with traditional database consolidation.
Traditional database consolidation can require painful application migrations and rigorous processes for version control and continued application compatibility. Virtualizing simultaneously consolidates databases and optimizes compute resources, while maintaining application flexibility by isolating each database in its own virtual machine. Databases can be migrated in their current state without expensive and error-prone application migrations.
6 Reasons To Virtualize Business Critical Applications
- Cost Reduction –Cost reductions come in 2 forms. You will experience CapEX reductions from hardware and hardware-based software licensing. In our experience it is typical to see a 60% reduction in CapEX. OpEX reductions result from improved manageability. In our experience it is typical to see a 30% Reduction in OpEX.
- Database License/Application License Optimization – You can now load up the Server with more Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server databases or other workloads without paying for more server (Hardware Based) licenses. You now have the ability to mix production and non-production workload on the same physical server while maintaining quality of service.
- Better Recoverability/Higher Availability - Out of the Box VMware provides you with a suite of tools designed to keep your most demanding Business Critical Applications running.
- Better Security - Complete Isolation with systems/applications on the same physical host. Security can now be built as part of the DNA of an application and will follow it wherever it is deployed.
- Error Capture/Replication - When there is a problem. You can create a copy of it. Then troubleshoot in a safe environment.
- Production Release Optimization - You can now do fast and complete environment cloning. This even includes network topology. The golden template is now possible.
Ntirety can plan and execute your Database Virtualization Project!